A-F Betafood®, 180 TabletsSKU: 0800 Availability: In Stock
A-F Betafood®, 180 Tablets
Quantity Limit Exceeded.
The maximum quantity allowed is 5. Please adjust your quantity.
Fast Free Shipping with orders $75+
Fast Free Shipping with orders $75+
Orders are shipped factory direct to your door. Orders are often received within 2-3 business days. Standard Process products are only shipped within the United States. See our shipping policy for more details.
ASK US A QUESTION ABOUT
- Supports healthy bile flow in the gallbladder
- Supports bile production and helps maintain healthy liver function
- Supports healthy lipid metabolism
- Supports healthy bowel functioning*
- Contains a combination of key ingredients from Cataplex® A, Cataplex® F Tablets, and Betafood®
- Excellent source of vitamin A and iodine
- Good source of vitamin B6
The gallbladder is a storage location for the bile that’s produced by the liver. Bile plays a key role in fat digestion and removal of waste from the body. 20-25 million Americans are affected by concerns of the gallbladder, including its efficiency and ability to function correctly.1
Beet (Root) and Beet Leaf
Beets, a main ingredient in A-F Betafood, contain betalains and betaine, which are two phytonutrients that have been linked to various health benefits. Betalains are water-soluble, nitrogen-containing pigments,2 and betaine is an N-methylated amino acid.3 Betalains are natural antioxidants4,5 found in certain plants including red beets.6 They have been shown to support antioxidant activity,4,5 as demonstrated by emerging research on betanin’s (a major betalain compound) ability to inhibit lipid peroxidation.5 Additional research has also shown that betanin may bind to circulating LDL and protect it against oxidation as demonstrated in an ex vivo-induced oxidation study.6
How A-F Betafood Supports Your Gallbladder
Gallbladder wall thickness may be an indicator of the overall health of the gallbladder, and wall thickening may be an indication of gastrointestinal and liver concerns.7,8 In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 42 healthy adults completed a study with A-F Betafood for 12 weeks.9 The change in gallbladder wall thickness from baseline to week 12 differed significantly between groups (p = 0.0497) with a decrease in thickness observed in the A-F Betafood group after the 12-week supplementation. This study suggests that A-F Betafood improves gallbladder function in adults who are at risk of gallbladder insufficiency.9
1. Stinton, L. M., & Shaffer, E. A. (2012). Gut and liver, 6(2), 172–187. doi:10.5009/ gnl.2012.6.2.172Azeredo HMC (2009). Int J Food Sci Technol 44:2365–2376.doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.2007.01668.x
2. Craig SAS (2004). Am J Clin Nutr 80:539–549
3. Butera D, Tesoriere L, Di Gaudio F, et al (2002). J Agric Food Chem 50:6895–6901. doi: 10.1021/jf025696p
4. Kanner J, Harel S, Granit R (2001). J Agric Food Chem 49:5178–5185)
5. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2017, 65, 4, 675–689 Publication Date:January 18, 2017 https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jafc.6b04208
6. Tesoriere L, Allegra M, Butera D, Livrea MA (2004). Am J Clin Nutr 80:941–945
7. Gabriel J. Runner, Michael T. Corwin, Bettina Siewert, and Ronald L. Eisenberg. American Journal of Roentgenology 2014 202:1, W1-W12
8. Afamefuna, Simore. 20 Mar. 2013, http://www.uspharmacist. com/article/gallbladder
9. Evans, M., Guthrie, N., El-Khodor, B. F., Metzger, B., & Varadharaj, S. (2020). A Whole-Food-Based Health Product (A-F Betafood®) Improves Gallbladder Function in Humans at Risk of Gallbladder Insufficiency: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. Nutrients, 12(2), 540
Two tablets per meal, or as directed.
Warning: If pregnant or nursing, or have any health condition, consult your health care professional before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
Nutrients & Ingredients
Each Serving Size (2 tablets) contains: Total Carbohydrate <1 g, Total Sugars <1 g, Vitamin A 450 mcg RAE, Vitamin B6 0.3 mg, Iodine 40 mcg. Proprietary Blend 550 mg: Organic SP beet blend (organic swiss chard juice powder, organic beet (root), organic beet (leaf) juice powder), organic beet (root), organic carrot, organic sweet potato, organic oat flour, calcium lactate, rice bran, magnesium citrate, bovine liver, bovine prostate, nutritional yeast, bovine kidney, organic alfalfa (aerial parts), organic flaxseed oil, bovine orchic extract, bovine liver fat extract, d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E sunflower), and sunflower lecithin. Other Ingredients: Honey, organic acacia fiber, modified corn starch, calcium stearate, vitamin A palmitate, prolamine iodine (zein), ascorbic acid, and pyridoxine hydrochloride.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Dr. Sam Talks about Digestion, the Liver, and Standard Process A-F Betafood
A-F Betafood Resources
A-F Betafood supports the gallbladder bile production and healthy fat digestion.. Download the following resources to learn about A-F Betafood from Standard Process.
Packages are shipped via UPS or FedEx.
Standard shipping is a flat-rate fee of $10. Orders over $75 ship for free.
Standard Process products can only be shipped within the United States.
Orders placed before 3 p.m. CT usually ship the same day. (Note: we recommend placing orders by 1 p.m. CT, particularly on the first Monday of each month and the day following a holiday due to an increase in order volume).
Due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather, insufficient delivery information, strikes, refusal of delivery, etc., the delivery date is not guaranteed.
Categories: Blood Sugar & Metabolism Supplements, Cardiovascular System Supplements, Detox and Liver Support Supplements, Digestive Health Supplements, Featured Digestive Health Supplements, General Wellness Supplements, Gluten Free Supplements, Heart & Circulation Supplements, Standard Process® Supplements, Standard Process® Supplements - Whole-Food-Based Products
Dietary Needs: Gluten-Free, Non-Dairy Formula, Non-Soy Formula,